Sunday 29 May 2011

Detention of the alleged “Marxist conspirators”

We read with great concern about the post on Marxist Conspirator issues and Operation Spectrum.

This event happened long time ago when Dr Tan was only into his 2nd term as MP. The social political situation and threats faced by Singapore is very different from the present. There is nothing in the newspaper cutting being circulated which points to Dr Tan's involvement. He was just reporting verbatim as a Feedback Chairman on what he heard on the ground back to the government. Those people who circulated these unkind posts did not even bother to research the truth and facts which happened long ago.

What exactly is the purpose to bring this issues out at this time? Why not bring this issue out during the General Election for the Opposition parties to question the ruling party?

Dr Tan has been kind and transparent enough not to allow his administrator to censor or delete these very unkind posts on his Facebook page.

For those people who insists on pushing this issue at all cost instead of looking at what Dr Tan has done for the nation and the people of Singapore, let me share this illustration with you:

“Six blind men were trying to find out more about the elephant. One touched the tail and said it is like a rope, another touched the leg and said is like a tree

Guys if you want to get to know what the elephant looks like please stand further away and open your eyes.

See how the elephant looks like surrounded by lions.

If you want the elephant to move forward let go of the tail and take a step backward. You will marvel at how heavy a log it can lift with it's trunk.”

You are missing the big picture. Ask the big man in charge at that time and please don't try to poke at the kind man who was there to get feedback. Dr Tan sticks his neck out to run for President to heal the polarised Singapore which was evidenced after the recent General Election. He wants to be the unifying voice for Singaporeans regardless of race, language or religion. We should help him to do this by supporting what he stands for.

The President we are voting will not be a Yes man. Neither is he a man pleaser.

The question posed by these liberals is loaded and it takes much wisdom for the President not to get distracted.

Dr Tan’s Page at www.Facebook.com/TanChengBock.com is for people who believes in Dr Tan's righteousness and integrity.

Dr Tan is a wise man and a very season politician. I doubt he will bring himself to that level to answer unkind questions which were obviously loaded to cause a rift to our nation.

Go vote someone else who can give you the answer to your satisfaction to the detriment of our country.

We are glad that there is a level headed person who wrote this in the Online Citizen webpage:

Yes, in 1987 Dr Tan seemed to have supported the detention of the alleged ‘Marxist conspirators’, but I believe that like most Singaporeans (including me) at that time, he believed the misinformation that was fed to him by the government of Singapore.  But what’s notable is that even then, Dr Tan did not brush aside those that detracted from his views (and the views of most Singaporeans at that time) by labelling them ‘Marxist sympathisers’, but instead acknowledged them as “solid citizens”.

Source :http://theonlinecitizen.com/2011/05/picking-up-where-ong-teng-cheong-left-off/

1 comment:

  1. Hi there,

    You mention- Dr Tan is a wise man and a very season politician. I doubt he will bring himself to that level to answer unkind questions which were obviously loaded to cause a rift to our nation.

    Pardon me; I don't understand why you think that that is an unkind question.

    For me, I only get to know about “Marxist conspirators” during GE2011 and because I don't know anything about it and I do not want to just simply believe what I had read on the internet that is why I felt it’s only fair to hear from Dr Tan personally.

    I believe there are many out there who are like me, I really don't see there's anything wrong to want to know more about it since he had made a comment during that period of time. I really don’t care what agenda others have in mind but as a responsible citizen I would want to find out more about the person whom might be the future President for my country, may I know what is it so wrong and what is such question so unkind?

    Are you saying that for someone like me who know nothing should just believe whatever I had read on internet?
    Are you thinking that people on the internet are just a bunch of stupid idiot who will be affected by TOC or TR without using their brain?
    I really don't think Singaporeans are that stupid to simply believe what we read on the internet, I think you shouldn't be so defensive and sensitive over whatever remarks or doubts you read on the internet rather you should keep an open mind like me.

    To be honest, I am very uncomfortable with the way you phrase it, why are you saying people who know nothing about the Marxist are not level headed and what do you mean by Dr Tan will not bring himself to that level to answer unkind question? As someone who knows nothing and don’t know Dr Tan I feel very offended with your statement.

    Looking at your blog it is obvious that you know Dr Tan and supporting him but with your statement you are actually driving away a group of people like me rather than helping him.

    If what you had written was not approve by Dr Tan I don’t think you are being fair to him for making such statement.

    p.s I would appreciate you don’t insult the people on the internet because we are not those who don’t use our brain and we are not those who just “eat” what we were being fed on the internet without filtering.

    My two cent worth

    ReplyDelete